Sustainability Fair, Film, and Potluck (local ingredients encouraged)
Saturday, February 11 from 4:30-7:30.
Free admission. Donations benefit fuel assistance.
• Short film, “After the Harvest: Fighting Hunger in the Coffeelands”
• Children’s activities: Valentine making from recycled materials; cookie decorating, “The Lorax” film.
Looking for “green” valentine gifts?
• Make an upcycled valentine
• Decorate a heart shaped cookie
• Buy fairly traded coffee, chocolate, or cocoa
• Browse Karma sustainable gifts
• Keep somebody warm for Valentine’s Day! Make a donation to fuel assistance.
• Invite a friend along for an evening of fun and fellowship!
• Order organic cupcakes thanks to Pineland Market (Pre-order by Feb 7th for pickup at Fair). Order forms available at church and through the all-church email.
Event proceeds to benefit fuel assistance for Maine families.
Green Team needs:
• Sugar cookie bakers and frosting makers (sign up in connector)
• Used calendars, holiday cards, magazines with kid-friendly, valentine-themed photos, scraps of fabric or wrapping paper, ribbon, jigsaw puzzles with missing pieces (collection box in church entryway)